Passing positions of gameobejects previously owned by exited players to new players

Options
How do I pass the position of gameobjects to new players that had been moved and had their ownership transferred by/to players that left the room? These are objects that are not instantiated into the room with players but start as scene owned objects. That sounds confusing but I think you know what I mean. I'm sure this has been answered so a like would be fine as well.

Comments

• jeanfabre
    Options
    Hi,

yes, this is a current limitation without any good answer. basically, you should skip the first batch and rely only on the following serialization data.

check PhotonTransformView.cs and the m_firstTake variable, it aims at elimitate the initial wrong position of other players when you join a room ( or more accuratly when a photonView was just enabled).

Bye,

Jean

• Thanks for the reply. I was able to use the PhotonTransformView as an example however after doing so I discovered this problem. http://forum.photonengine.com/discussion/8252/takeover-not-successful-on-networked-scene-objects-with-photon-views Any movement on a cure?
  • jeanfabre
    Options
    Hi,

Yes, it's being actively brainstormed.

Bye,

Jean
  • jeanfabre
    Options
    Hi,

and actually, just to make sure you are working with the latest 1.79 version which has with 1.78 added important fixes for the ownership transfers.

Bye,

Jean
  • I am still experiencing late joining players not receiving ownership transfer info. If an object has its ownership transferred before a player joins then that player does not see future ownership transfers. Do you believe that this should be fixed with the last updates?
  • jeanfabre
    Options
    Hi,

Please don't double post the same questions (http://forum.photonengine.com/discussion/comment/31891#Comment_31891), it makes it difficult to catch up then :)

Yes, this should be fixed in the latest version.

- is the object a scene object or a Player owned Object?

Bye,

Jean
  • jeanfabre
    Options
    Hi,

ok, so I can repro and it's for scene objects.

Bye,

Jean
  • The object is in the scene at the start of the game and is owned by the scene. Upon being grabbed by a player it becomes owned by the player, if that player drops the item it continues to be owned by them but switches ownership if another player picks it up. This is a VR game and a lot of grabbing can occur as there are many intractable objects in the game.