Stuck on ConnectingToNameServer

Options
We started beta tests today and players from USA are stuck on ConnectingToNameServer. Others don't seem to have that problem. What can cause that?

We use Photon with Playfab btw.

Answers

• jeanfabre
    Options
    Hi,

what technic do you use to connect? are you using connectUsingSettings() or else? and what are your photon settings? are you sure thy are fit for the USA region?

Bye,

Jean
  • Lockstep
    Options
    Hey there,

First of all we're using PUN v1.50.2 which is quite outdated, I tried to update latest version of PUN in that case we're keep getting CustomAuthentaticationFailed error. Here is our connection code to Photon ;

http://www.hastebin.com/uzekazelew.cs

We're getting authentication token from Playfab using GetPhotonToken method after getting that token using "ConnectUsingSettings" method for connecting to Photon. This works fine for EU right now but some players from US stuck on ConnectingToNameServer, some of them able to connect randomly, some of them have no issues.

Photon settings are ; "Hosting" : "Best Region", "Protocol" : "Udp"

PS; PhotonNetwork.AuthValues.SetAuthParameters method seems deprecated in latest version of PUN API I tried to use ;
    PhotonNetwork.AuthValues.AddAuthParameter ("user", this.playFabId);
    PhotonNetwork.AuthValues.AddAuthParameter ("pass", this.photonToken);
    probably "user" and "pass" keys are wrong so I'm keep getting CustomAuthentaticationFailed error.

http://www.hastebin.com/icegevuhuz.cpp

Thanks for your time

• jeanfabre
    Options
    Hi,

It's because the authentification is now sending a different format for values. Check the data being sent over.

I would strongly suggest updating Photon, and address the auth issues first, it's not recommanded to stick with an old versions, it will only get worse as time passes.

Bye,

Jean
  • Lockstep
    Options
    Hi,

I've just updated latest version of PUN as I doubt key values "user" and "pass" was wrong for AddAuthParameter method. I replaced them with "username" and "Token" I'm able to connect with latest version of PUN now, we'll update our build with latest PUN and then give it a try. If we keep getting stuck on ConnectingToNameServer step again, where we should look at the code and What can cause this error?

Thanks