Integrating PUN cloud with own authoritative server.

Options
sosh
sosh
Hi,

In our project we have a self hosted (non photon) server which handles persistent state and certain game logic.

My question is regarding the options available for the our server to communicate with the PUN cloud service, in order to be involved in game events in an authoritative way. I'll give two examples of what we are trying to acheive:

1. When a player joins a room, own-server should verify that the player has rights to join that room, otherwise join should be rejected.

In this case webhooks and PathJoin/GameJoin looked quite promising. (I.e. Photon would call our server when a player tried to join a room, and our server would have a chance to reject it). However, I read in another thread that " PathJoin cannot cancel join operation", so this seems impossible (if still the case).

2. Own-server should be able to send command to PUN cloud server to kick a particular player.

(I haven't found a possible approach for this yet)

Please could someone at photon advise on what might be the best approach for these requirements?

Thank you!

S

Best Answer

Answers

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @sosh,

You should try Photon Plugins.

1. Photon WebHooks are an example of a Photon Plugin implementation. It can be changed in the future to add the possibility to cancel or abort join operations. Meanwhile, you can do it in another plugin.
    2. I think this is feasible with plugins but it's still not 100% out-of-box.

• sosh
    Options
    Thank you both for your replies.