Room max player limit reach with only one player

Options
Hello everyone,

We are having a strange issue. Our game have been using PUN for about 3 years and everything was working fine until last Friday. The issue, is the players are unable to join the room. We have a player vs player (one to one) game model so there can only be 2 players in the room. One player who challenges the other player creates a room with other player name like following:

PhotonNetwork.CreateRoom(opponent.name + "*" + player.name, true, true, 2, properties, null);

The other player is constantly searching if anyone have created a room with its name and once it finds the room it joins the room and the match begins. But recently something went wrong. The player who tries to join the already created room was unable to join the room. After exhaustive debugging and out logs we came to know that by the time the other player, when tries to join the already created room, there are already 2 players in the room and hence can not join. But on the other hand the player who created the room is constantly logging output that there is only one player in the room.

The thing here is to note that we never had any issue like this before for 3 years with the same code and we haven't changed any code. Also we had some AI bots running and all of a sudden they were not able to join the game because they could not join the room.

Can you please let me know what might have gone wrong due to which the player who creates the rooms says there is only one player in the room and the other player who is to join cant join because it sees that there are already 2 player in the room?

Thanks,
Abe

Comments

• jeanfabre
    Options
    Hi,

This is odd, there is such signature for CreateRoom() are you sure this is the exact line of code you are using?

what version of PUN are you using?

Bye,

Jean

• AbeQadri
    Options
    jeanfabre said:

Hi,

This is odd, there is such signature for CreateRoom() are you sure this is the exact line of code you are using?

what version of PUN are you using?

Bye,

Jean

Hi Jean,

Thanks for your reply. Yes this is the exact same code we are using to create the room. In fact I actually copied the code line from our script.

I believe we are using PUN version 1.22 but I am not very sure because I looked into the PUN documentation.pdf for the version number :neutral: . Is there any other accurate way to know the PUN version?

Thanks again,
    Abe
  • jeanfabre
    Options
    Hi,

yes, it's in "changelog" text asset inside "Photon Unity Networking"

Bye,

Jean
  • AbeQadri
    Options
    Hi jean,

Thanks for that, the PUN version we are using is "v1.23.1".

Regards,
    Abe
  • jeanfabre
    Options
    Hi,

indeed, you should update, this is an old version from several years ago. How come you work with this one?

Bye,

Jean