IOS player dont spawn

Options
hello here is the situation:

player A on desktop
player B and C on iphone/ipad

all players logins, player A cant see player B and C ( no gameobject instantiation) player B and C can see everyone

Comments

• deldam
    Options
    would the instantiated parameter size be a possible cause for this? we are using the serialized character data ( uma)
  • deldam
    Options
    i found this bug: myCharacter = PhotonNetwork.Instantiate("Player", Vector3.zero, Quaternion.identity, 0, new object[] { serializedStringSave });

if serializedStringSave is large string, IOS will ignore instantiate while it work on desktop platform
  • jeanfabre
    Options
    Hi,

Are you positive that the serializedStringSave is the exact same value on IOS and on other platform?

can you paste the value of serializedStringSave here, I'll try to repro.

Bye,

Jean
  • deldam
    Options
    {"version":2,"packedSlotDataList":[],"slotsV2":[{"id":"","scale":1,"copyIdx":-1,"overlays":[]},{"id":"","scale":1,"copyIdx":-1,"overlays":[]},{"id":"","scale":1,"copyIdx":-1,"overlays":[]},{"id":"","scale":1,"copyIdx":-1,"overlays":[]},{"id":"","scale":1,"copyIdx":-1,"overlays":[]},{"id":"","scale":1,"copyIdx":-1,"overlays":[]},{"id":"","scale":1,"copyIdx":-1,"overlays":[]},{"id":"","scale":1,"copyIdx":-1,"overlays":[]},{"id":"","scale":1,"copyIdx":-1,"overlays":[]},{"id":"","scale":1,"copyIdx":-1,"overlays":[]},{"id":"","scale":1,"copyIdx":-1,"overlays":[]},{"id":"","scale":1,"copyIdx":-1,"overlays":[]},{"id":"","scale":1,"copyIdx":-1,"overlays":[]},{"id":"","scale":1,"copyIdx":-1,"overlays":[]},{"id":"","scale":1,"copyIdx":-1,"overlays":[]},{"id":"","scale":1,"copyIdx":-1,"overlays":[]},{"id":"","scale":1,"copyIdx":-1,"overlays":[]},{"id":"","scale":1,"copyIdx":-1,"overlays":[]},{"id":"","scale":1,"copyIdx":-1,"overlays":[]},{"id":"","scale":1,"copyIdx":-1,"overlays":[]},{"id":"","scale":1,"copyIdx":-1,"overlays":[]},{"id":"FemaleFace","scale":100,"copyIdx":-1,"overlays":[{"id":"F_H_Head","colorIdx":1,"rect":[0,0,0,0]},{"id":"F_Face 2 eyebrows","colorIdx":1,"rect":[0,0,0,0]}]},{"id":"FemaleEyes","scale":100,"copyIdx":-1,"overlays":[{"id":"EyeOverlay","colorIdx":1,"rect":[0,0,0,0]},{"id":"EyeOverlayAdjust","colorIdx":1,"rect":[32,32,64,64]}]},{"id":"F_Hands","scale":100,"copyIdx":-1,"overlays":[{"id":"F_Hands","colorIdx":1,"rect":[0,0,0,0]}]},{"id":"FemaleEyelashfix","scale":100,"copyIdx":-1,"overlays":[{"id":"F_H_Eyelash","colorIdx":1,"rect":[0,0,0,0]}]},{"id":"","scale":1,"copyIdx":-1,"overlays":[]},{"id":"","scale":1,"copyIdx":-1,"overlays":[]},{"id":"","scale":1,"copyIdx":-1,"overlays":[]},{"id":"","scale":1,"copyIdx":-1,"overlays":[]},{"id":"","scale":1,"copyIdx":-1,"overlays":[]},{"id":"","scale":1,"copyIdx":-1,"overlays":[]},{"id":"","scale":1,"copyIdx":-1,"overlays":[]},{"id":"","scale":1,"copyIdx":-1,"overlays":[]},{"id":"","scale":1,"copyIdx":-1,"overlays":[]},{"id":"","scale":1,"copyIdx":-1,"overlays":[]},{"id":"","scale":1,"copyIdx":-1,"overlays":[]},{"id":"","scale":1,"copyIdx":-1,"overlays":[]},{"id":"F_shoes","scale":100,"copyIdx":-1,"overlays":[{"id":"Sci Pants 2","colorIdx":1,"rect":[0,0,0,0]}]},{"id":"","scale":1,"copyIdx":-1,"overlays":[]},{"id":"F_Sci pants 1","scale":100,"copyIdx":37,"overlays":[]},{"id":"F_Sci shirt1","scale":100,"copyIdx":-1,"overlays":[{"id":"Shortsleeve shirt 2","colorIdx":1,"rect":[0,0,0,0]}]},{"id":"F_Sci torso Arms","scale":100,"copyIdx":-1,"overlays":[{"id":"F_upper Overlay","colorIdx":1,"rect":[0,0,0,0]}]},{"id":"","scale":1,"copyIdx":-1,"overlays":[]},{"id":"F_Hair 1","scale":100,"copyIdx":-1,"overlays":[{"id":"Hair1","colorIdx":0,"rect":[0,0,0,0]}]}],"colors":[],"fColors":[{"name":"Shared Color 1","colors":[247,210,132,255,0,0,0,0,255,203,92,255,0,0,0,0,255,255,255,255,0,0,0,0]},{"name":"-","colors":[255,255,255,255,0,0,0,0,255,255,255,255,0,0,0,0,255,255,255,255,0,0,0,0]}],"sharedColorCount":1,"race":"HumanFemale","packedDna":[{"dnaType":"UMADnaHumanoid","packedDna":"{\"height\":130,\"headSize\":128,\"headWidth\":128,\"neckThickness\":99,\"armLength\":129,\"forearmLength\":128,\"armWidth\":128,\"forearmWidth\":107,\"handsSize\":105,\"feetSize\":97,\"legSeparation\":121,\"upperMuscle\":0,\"lowerMuscle\":140,\"upperWeight\":146,\"lowerWeight\":109,\"legsSize\":131,\"belly\":97,\"waist\":136,\"gluteusSize\":170,\"earsSize\":139,\"earsPosition\":96,\"earsRotation\":128,\"noseSize\":128,\"noseCurve\":128,\"noseWidth\":128,\"noseInclination\":128,\"nosePosition\":128,\"nosePronounced\":128,\"noseFlatten\":128,\"chinSize\":128,\"chinPronounced\":128,\"chinPosition\":128,\"mandibleSize\":116,\"jawsSize\":128,\"jawsPosition\":128,\"cheekSize\":128,\"cheekPosition\":128,\"lowCheekPronounced\":128,\"lowCheekPosition\":128,\"foreheadSize\":128,\"foreheadPosition\":128,\"lipsSize\":128,\"mouthSize\":128,\"eyeRotation\":128,\"eyeSize\":128,\"breastSize\":152}"},{"dnaType":"UMADnaTutorial","packedDna":"{\"eyeSpacing\":128}"}]}
  • jeanfabre
    Options
    Hi,

It works for me with the string data you pasted here, deployed on IOS. So I am not sure what happens on your end.

To trouble shoot this further, I woudl do some proper debugging and watch xcode console as you create characters.

Is it the character you instantiate on IOS that is ignored on other clients? or is it when a character is supposed to become instantiated as a slave on IOS?

---------

However, this is definitely something I would strongly advice you not to perform. On top of that, one can expect this data to grow if everything is customized, so you could definitly hit trouble down the road that would be very difficult to debug if it only happens for some clients because of their custom character data size.

Instead of passing this large amount of data via photon, simply maintain a separate database where you save each player's configuration, and then when you instantiate over the network, each prefab instance simply get this data from the database.

- something like https://www.back4app.com/ if you are used to Parse or any other. If you are ok with php mysql, you could simply save that json as is per player, it would be very quick and easy to implement if you have a webhost with php mysql.

Bye,

Jean

• deldam
    Options
    yes the player instantiated on IOS device client is not replicated on other client, i reduced the size and now its working properly, not sure if i should consider it a bug or a limitation
  • jeanfabre
    Options
    Hi,

Well, it works here, If I could repro then we would have something to work on, but since I can't repro, it's tricky to point to a particular conclusion.

what IOS version are you testing with? and what version of Unity and Photon?

Bye,

Jean
  • deldam
    Options
    9.2.1 for ios, we started with photon 1.60 then after discovering the bug i upgraded to last version, but it was same
  • jeanfabre
    Options
    Hi,

ok, I am also on 9.2.1

So yeah, my advice if you want to keep using long data for player instantiation is to debug more of what's going on in the Unity console and see it on xcode. Maybe there is an error you did not see. Try increasing the Photon debug to ALL, and see.

Bye,

Jean