Undefined symbols for architecture arm64

Options
Hi everyone!
I'm currently building an app for the App Store but XCode 7.2.1 gives me 7 errors:

I need to build with a 64 bit architecture due to App Store restriction.
My PUN version is 1.66, Unity 4.6.9f1
(Android Build was flawless, just to say)

Comments

• lucadigennaro
    Options
    Sorry for this re-up but I really need an answer as I have to publish the app on the App Store.
    Thanks!
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @LudemeGames,

I think you need to upgrade you project to use Unity 5.x. As far as we know, Unity 4 does not support IL2CPP or 64bit. If it's supported please do let us know.

If you're using PUN+, please re import PUN+ once upgraded to 5. To do so delete (our) plugins from the Plugins folder (all files with photon*.*) then download PUN+ from the asset store with 5.x and import the plugins (without the native libs from 4.x).

Please test this and keep us posted.
  • Tobias
    Tobias admin
    edited May 2016
    Options
    We just discussed this case and the IPv6 requirement for iOS.
    We will update the native library in PUN+ for Unity 4.7 to support IPv6 and 64bit.

But you will definitely have to update to the latest PUN version then. So you should probably update to v1.68 now to get a less big update for IPv6.
  • lucadigennaro
    Options
    Thanks for replying!
    @JohnTube: Unity4.6.2+ actually supports 64bit
    @Tobias: I'll wait for the update, thank you!
  • lucadigennaro
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I've just updated to 1.69 but I had no success as well.
    I've read in the changelog that there's the IPv6 support but not the 64 bit support.

Please, let me know

Thanks!
  • Tobias
    Options
    As far as I know, I tested a iOS Universal build. Maybe I wasn't running it on a 64bit system but it did build.

I assume you're not using 4.7, due to some other plugins not supporting it properly? Aside from that, we assume you're using 4.7.1 (most recent release). I certainly didn't test 4.6.x. We would only support this in emergencies...
  • Tobias
    Options
    Are you sure you replaced the .a files, too? Basically, all our plugins must be replaced for sure.
  • lucadigennaro
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Yes, I already updated to Unity 4.7
    So, I now have:
    - Unity 4.7
    - PUN+ 1.69
    - XCode 7.2.1
    Android, again, built flawlessly
  • Tobias
    Options
    Great.
    That's basically a confirmation to not use 4.6 anymore, too (for everyone who was wondering)...

Thanks for the update.
  • lucadigennaro
    Options
    Well, I still have the "missing 64 symbols" error :|
  • Tobias
    Options
    I built for iOS universal today (with PUN from the Asset Store) and it worked just fine.
    IL2CPP, no stripping, Universal. I really can't reproduce the issue in 4.7.1.

Or do you mean Android?
  • lucadigennaro
    Options
    The build in Unity is just fine (iOS, yes).
    The problem is when compiling in XCode!
  • Tobias
    Options
    I did a complete build and ran it on a 64bit device with IPv6 test WiFi. I can't reproduce the issue.
    We are using a reasonably new XCode. Maybe yours did become incompatible with what Unity puts out? Does another project compile and run in your setup?
  • lucadigennaro
    Options
    I was able to compile and run a 32bit version of the game. When I tried to publish, it was refused by the App Store because now 64 bit is mandatory.
  • Tobias
    Options
    As said: Update Unity and Xcode. Sometimes it's the combination that makes a difference. I can build and run 32bit, 64bit and universal from the package in the Asset Store with IL2CPP.
  • lucadigennaro
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Ok, thanks @Tobias. Can you tell me your version of Unity and XCode?
  • jeanfabre
    Options
    Hi,

Make sure you choose "replace" when building from Unity and tweaking publishing settings, you could be trying to run the exact same project setup otherwise.

also, try on a fresh project with nothing, build and test on device, then bring Photon, build, run and test, etc, then compare the build settings between that test project and the one having issues.

Any reason why using 4.7? I would recommend using the latest Unity 5 if possible for IOS dev, you may find yourself cornered because it will be deprecated soon-ish due to Xcode requirement updates, and Unity won't be able to make an update on 4.7, since it's locked now.

Bye,

Jean