Animation Trigger not working but all others are.

Options
Hi guys!

So this is probably an easy fix, and im just being numb... currently I've set up the most base framework for my game. Im new to networking with PUN and am enjoying it thus far!

My issue is this... I am using the Photon View in cahoots with Photon Animator View to sync Mechanim animation over network. I can get them all to work fine except for TRIGGERS. The base example im having is : Press LEFT MOUSE BUTTON to ATTACK. In my script I set the trigger and all is ok my end. Then when I link up another client the character doesn't carry out the attack animation on the other end.
I changed it to a BOOL to make sure the code was ok, and it works now at BOTH ends. So, I know I can workround this with bools etc but to put my mind to rest.... how the chuffnuts do I get the trigger animation to play over the network??

I have set the PHOTON ANIMATOR VIEW to continous on all parameters for testing, tried it on DISABLED, DISCRETE and CONTINOUS for the trigger, I even stripped the animation events off the timelines incase they were arsing it all up but nothing seems to fix it :'(

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• jeanfabre
    Options
    Hi,

If you get the latest version on the Asset Store, this issue will be resolved, Triggers are now properly supported.

Let me know if you still have difficulties.

Bye,

Jean
  • lello200
    Options
    Hello,

I'm having the same difficulty as @Gee .

I have the latest version of PUN from the asset store, and I still can't make the trigger animation sync on the other client.

I'm using the "Photon Animator View".

Thanks!
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Hi @lello200,

Maybe you missed this page and it can help you?
  • jeanfabre
    jeanfabre mod
    edited September 2016
    Options
    hi,

JohnTube if right, this is likely your problem.

In order to verify this is working, test the "PUN basic" demo, it makes use of Triggers, double check the order in which components are added in the prefab, it's important to not miss the trigger flag.

Bye,

Jean