Connect() to 'ns.exitgames.com' failed: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No such host is known

Options
I keep getting this connection failed error in my unity. Am using the free version of PUN to develop my game and it creates alot of issues while testing. It doesnt always happen, but its pretty common. Could anyone help.

Comments

• dontonka
    Options
    Hello,

Which version of PUN are you using? Connecting through Wifi or mobile connection (3G - 4G)?

Cheers,
    Don T.
  • Gamer
    Options
    Hi ExitGames,
    I'm also facing the same issue in my application developed in unity. I'm using unity pro 5.3.5 and Photon PUN+.
  • jeanfabre
    Options
    Hi,

Are you testing inside Unity or on a mobile device, and if so, which one?

Bye,

Jean
  • Gamer
    Options
    Hi jeanfabre mod,

This error log is coming on both unity editor as well as mobile devices.

Regards
    Santosh Patil
  • fct
    Options
    I'm also getting this error for my WebPlayer builds. I don't know when it started because I only found the issue when I was making a change to a client's game. Yet, older WebPlayer builds (that used to work) are doing it to. I know the old WebPlayer builds used to work because I was the one that built and tested them. I updated to the latest free version of PUN (1.74), so see if this fixed the issue, but all I get is a warning saying, "TimeoutDisconnect while connecting to: ns.exitgames.com:5058. Check if the server is available.".

The WebGL builds with the new PUN code and the old PUN code are working fine; this only seems to affect my WebPlayer builds.
  • Tobias
    Options
    We just checked PUN v1.75 on WebGL and that worked.
    Whenever you have issues with WebGL, we must know the exact Unity version. If you don't use the latest patch release for your Unity, please update! WebGL is very much work in progress on Unity's side and we can not guarantee support.
  • fct
    Options
    I said that the WebGL is working. It's the WebPlayer builds that have this issue.
  • Tobias
    Options
    It should work out of the box but we didn't test in a while, as the WebPlayer is going the way of the Dodo.
    Which version of Unity do you use?
  • fct
    Options
    I tried it with Unity 5.3.6f1 one or two days ago. The original builds were done with Unity 5.3.4f1 and PUN 1.66. At first, I thought it was because the client code we were using was too out of date to connect to your cloud, so I updated to Unity 5.3.6f1 and PUN 1.74. I haven't had a chance to test out PUN 1.75 yet, since I got the notification email yesterday and my internet time is a bit on the limited side these days.

As for the Dodo thing, I can't really blame you guys for that one. More and more browsers are dropping support for the APIs that WebPlayer runs on, which is a real shame because our WebPlayer builds are smaller, more reliable, and we can easily download asset bundles in a background thread.

I don't think I'll be able to test out PUN 1.75 until tomorrow, but I'll let you know if it starts working with the newer version.
  • Tobias
    Options
    We are planning to push out some "regular" SDKs on our page, which means we're busy. But when that's done, I think we can take another look at the WebPlayer (I do agree it's way better than the current state of WebGL).
    If we can find a cause for the failure, we can fix it. It was working before, anyways.
    Maybe it's the switch from .Net 2.0 Subset to the full ".Net 2.0" features? We might have to look into that anyways.