Local Photon Server?

Options
2»

Comments

• carmine
    Options
    To be extra sure, this time, I told windows to always allow this file when opening... additionally, I went to the actual PhotonLicensing.dll right-clicked and went to unblock. (it needed to be unblocked even though I unblocked the .zip before opening.... by the way, this is a dev machine that I use for .NET development. It has every version of .net on it. My windows/microsoft.net/Framework folder has.. v1.0, v2.0, v3.0, v3.5, v4.0

New stuff in the log:

3580: 07:27:49.934 - DefaultDomain:1 - GetLicenseInformation() failed. Exception:
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    File name: 'System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

at...
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    File name: 'System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    File name: 'System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'

To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

at PhotonHostRuntime.Licensing.GetLicenseInformation(IPhotonServerShutdown shutdown, Int32& maxConcurrentConnections, String[]& validIps, Boolean& isBootstrap, Version assemblyVersion, ILogToUnmanagedLog unmanagedLog, PhotonDomainManager domainManager)
    at PhotonHostRuntime.PhotonDomainManager.PhotonDefaultAppDomainBehavior.GetLicenseInformation(IPhotonServerShutdown shutdown, Int32& maxConcurrentConnections, String[]& validIps)
    at PhotonHostRuntime.PhotonDomainManager.GetLicenseInformation(IPhotonServerShutdown shutdown, Int32& maxConcurrentConnections, String[]& validIps)

3580: 07:27:49.988 - CService::OnException() - Exception: CManagedHost::GetLicenseInformation() - Failed to obtain runtime license information. - The system cannot find the file specified.
  • Philip
    Options
    I cant say why its not working for you ... it usually does.

Can you try out the following:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4294951/Unblock.zip

It contains 2 files. Please put the files in the root of the dist pack folder:

You should have:
    {folder-where-you-unpacked}
    \deploy
    PhotonLauncher.bat
    Trinet.Core.IO.Ntfs.dll
    Unblock.exe

Run Unblock.exe
    Note: it will only work if run there!

See if after that you can start Photon.

Make sure to select "Run Anyway" not just "OK" when Windows ask to run unsecure application.
  • Philip
    Options
    Here is a temp link re-packed as exe:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/429 ... 5-4565.exe
  • carmine
    Options
    I did exactly what you asked and it's still not working...
    Here is an excerpt from the log:

5232: 09:00:33.361 - DefaultDomain:1 - GetLicenseInformation() failed. Exception:
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

at...
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    File name: 'System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

at PhotonHostRuntime.Licensing.GetLicenseInformation(IPhotonServerShutdown shutdown, Int32& maxConcurrentConnections, String[]& validIps, Boolean& isBootstrap, Version assemblyVersion, ILogToUnmanagedLog unmanagedLog, PhotonDomainManager domainManager)
    at PhotonHostRuntime.PhotonDomainManager.PhotonDefaultAppDomainBehavior.GetLicenseInformation(IPhotonServerShutdown shutdown, Int32& maxConcurrentConnections, String[]& validIps)
    at PhotonHostRuntime.PhotonDomainManager.GetLicenseInformation(IPhotonServerShutdown shutdown, Int32& maxConcurrentConnections, String[]& validIps)

5232: 09:00:33.362 - CService::OnException() - Exception: CManagedHost::GetLicenseInformation() - Failed to obtain runtime license information. - The system cannot find the file specified.
  • Philip
    Options
    I can reproduce your initial issue, not being able to load the License.dll ...

I just tested all variations of possible fix:
    # manual unblock of zip
    # unblock.exe
    # self-extracting file

all work for me.

Does the standard photon-sdk work on that machine?

While I did extract the zip right where explorer (or firefox tried both) downloaded it (download folder), that might also be a problem ... so try extracting it to c:\someotherfolder and try there.
  • carmine
    Options
    Philip wrote:
    I can reproduce your initial issue, not being able to load the License.dll ...

I just tested all variations of possible fix:
    # manual unblock of zip
    # unblock.exe
    # self-extracting file

all work for me.

Does the standard photon-sdk work on that machine?

While I did extract the zip right where explorer (or firefox tried both) downloaded it (download folder), that might also be a problem ... so try extracting it to c:\someotherfolder and try there.

Been a programmer my whole life.. and...well.. the fun part of being a programmer is when things always work on your system and not on someone else's for no reason :)

I don't know if the standard SDK works (or how I would test that).

- The folder is extracted on my desktop. (didn't work)..
    - tried to put it in C:\photon\ (didn't work).

Can you just stuff my license in there and send me the self-extracting .EXE?

Also.. what kind of machine are you testing it on? XP? Vista? Windows 7? Windows 8? Windows Server?

-Carmine
  • Philip
    Options
    Hi Carmine,

re-pack photon-distributable with your licenses won't help - it will the same as you download exe link and copy in manually the lic file.

I asked to test the photon sdk because it is our standard distribution - which has been around a while we know its being used on all kind of Win versions and we don't have reports of - "not working". Photon redist is basically just a subset of the standard distribution (with some minor changes), so I'm honestly a bit puzzled on what might be wrong on your machine. Could you download the sdk and test if it works on your machine?
    Just to make sure we are not missing something ...

-Philip
  • carmine
    Options
    Philip wrote:
    Hi Carmine,

re-pack photon-distributable with your licenses won't help - it will the same as you download exe link and copy in manually the lic file.

I asked to test the photon sdk because it is our standard distribution - which has been around a while we know its being used on all kind of Win versions and we don't have reports of - "not working". Photon redist is basically just a subset of the standard distribution (with some minor changes), so I'm honestly a bit puzzled on what might be wrong on your machine. Could you download the sdk and test if it works on your machine?
    Just to make sure we are not missing something ...

-Philip

I just tried the SDK. I used the .EXE version. I tried both the bin_win32_xp and bin_win64 (no xp) versions of PhotonControl. PhotonControl loads fine.. but when I go to Default->start as application... same thing with the license happens again...

At first it looks like it's going to work and it mentions the 20 user limit... then about 5 seconds later, the icon goes grey and the server was stopped. Looking at the log, it's complaining about the license again.

(this is a Windows 7 machine)
  • Philip
    Options
    Hi Carmine,

can you send me all the logs to support@exitgames.com please?

-Philip
  • carmine
    Options
    Philip wrote:
    Hi Carmine,

can you send me all the logs to support@exitgames.com please?

-Philip

Sent... I hit send too soon. The second email has a bunch of logs attached.