How Many Players in One Room

Options
So, I was reading in the Photon documentation that you should keep messages under 500 per second, I'm kinda curious what constitutes a "message"? I imagine every RPC is a message, but does a transform view send a message every frame? I'm still fairly new to Photon, or even networking in general, so I don't really know how to do things like queuing RPCs or anything...

I'm making a VR chat-esque game, so I don't think there will be too many messages sent at any given time, but I will have head rotations, voice chat, emotes, player positions all being synced. I have no idea how many messages per second this will be, my client wants to have a good 20-30 players per room, so... Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction to learn how to manage many players at once?

Thanks.

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    The glossary (and docs) help with the definition of messages.

Yes, RPCs and updates are messages. Updates are not sent per frame but 10x per second.

The limit of messages is for the Public Cloud. If you run servers yourself or book an Enterprise Cloud, you got your own and can ignore the limit.

There are many posts about getting more players into a room. I can't provide a link at the moment, so .. please hit the search.