Echo Issues

Options
Hello, I use your voice system to make phone calls via smartphone. In detail, the Voice 2 plugin v2.16.1 in unity 2019.2.6.
I have done many tests but there is no way to remove the echo on smartphones also following this guide:

https://doc.photonengine.com/en-us/voice/current/troubleshooting/known-issues#echo_or_noise

I tried the combination of microphones and webRTC functionality. But nothing to do.
This problem seems to be more evident on Android than on ios.
Having to make my app make calls with the speakerphone on the smartphone, I wonder you can help me. Because I don't think that recommending the user to use headphones is sufficient. The user is accustomed to making calls with Skype, WhatsApp or other applications where this problem does not exist.

Thanks
Carlo

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @CarloOvr,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

What devices/OS version did you test this on?
    Could you send us recording sample(s) of the echo you are referring to?
    Also did you test Skype or WhatsApp or other VoIP apps on the same device(s)?
  • CarloOvr
    Options
    I'm using for exemple and Samsung S8 android Version 9.

The echo to which I refer is the echo that is created because the audio that I receive and hear in the speakers falls into the microphone and comes back.

In the S8, specifically, photon microphone seems to be going better, but feels so very low. By raising the volume of the microphone with the amplifier, the echo problem occurs again.