About China Server

Options
I'm a VR developer and I've been developing a Chinese Chess VR Game,BTW PUNVoice is more than good in VR. If you're interested welcome to join on Github:https://github.com/cloudhu/ChineseChessVR.
So here is my problem:I unlocked the China Server for chinese players to get a good game experience,but I also don't wanna lose other region's player.Is there a solution for that?
And here is my code:
1. Change NameServerHost to "ns-cn.exitgames.com" in :Assets\Photon Unity Networking\Plugins\PhotonNetwork\NetworkingPeer.cs,is this means to lose other region?
2. I added cn to enum CloudRegionCode and CloudRegionFlag in the path:Assets\Photon Unity Networking\Plugins\PhotonNetwork\Enums.cs ,this is fine for connect to China Server.
3. As I don't wanna lose other region I changed Hostings to Best Region in the PhotonServerSettings.
That's it.If you're not in China you can test your region connect for me,that's would be very kind of you!And I'm waiting for a solution for my problem,thanks a lot.

Comments

• CloudHu
    Options
    And the China Server did not support PUNVoice yet? I got this :PUNVoice: OperationResponse 230: ReturnCode: 32767 (ApplicationNotFound). Parameters: {} Server: NameServer Address: ns-cn.exitgames.com:5058 error when I try to reach PUNVoice on China Server!
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @CloudHu,

Thank you for choosing Photon!
    And best of wishes for ChineseChessVR.
    I also don't wanna lose other region's player.Is there a solution for that?

The idea is to have separate build for China and a build for other regions (recommended).
    Or change nameserver and available regions at runtime depending on user locale.
    And the China Server did not support PUNVoice yet?

Did you request China region for your voice app?
  • CloudHu
    Options
    Hi @JohnTube

Thank you for helping me,I'll separate build.And I'll ask China Agent for Voice support.

• mr0ng
    mr0ng
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hello. I've been trying to get my application for China support. I need voice support so that users in the USA can voice chat with users in China. Is this possible? I read the above comment that there needs to be separate builds for China. Thanks for any advice and direction.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hi @mr0ng,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

We cannot guarantee that:
    - China server is accessible from outside
    - China clients can access other Photon regions

That it why we recommend separating builds/players.
    You can try it at your own risk.