Setting custom properties causes slow down

Options
Hey,

I found that custom properties are causing slow downs in my game. I use them quiete a bit:
- Player died and a custom properties is increased and an RPC Die() is send to PhotonTargets.All
- Detecting cause of dead, killer and so on. If the game mode was team based the team score is updated accordingly
- The killer Kills are updated

This works fine but causes a massive slow down due to the incomming events that are being dispatched. I already changed the PhotonSendMonoTargets to my script type and it did help a lot but it still is causing a noticeable slow down.

Am I abusing custom properties? Is there a bug that is causing this? How can I handle player kills and deaths (Player customProperties) and team scores (Room customProperties) otherwise?

This makes me a bit sad because it is working so great but PhotonHandler.Update is killing it when it dispatches the incomming messages.

Comments

• Dummie
    Options
    The Die () RPC sends all necessary information and Im wondering if I could tempiraily activate the offlineMode and just have every client set the properties locally. Would that work or is this prevented or causes other issues?