How fix photon app id issue when 4 in 1 application run on android phone?

Options
I have 4 different applications which are multiplayer. I have used same photon app id for all of them. When all 4 applications running on main application, there is an issue with other games created rooms shows in another game room list. How can I fix this issue

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @esquire,

I do not understand why you use same AppID for different apps.
    You can use a different lobby for each app.
  • esquire
    Options
    great ..thank you for your answer,,,
  • esquire
    Options
    hey what do you mean by different lobby ..we use default lobby when creating.can you explain it more?
  • Kaiserludi
    Options
    Hi @esquire.

An alternative approach would be, to just set the gameVersion to different values per application, for example by including the name of the app in it (game versions don't need to be numeric - any string will be fine).

Photon Cloud uses a concept of virtual applications. Each appID and each appVersion (which is the sum of the gameVersion and the PUN version) of the same appID results in a separate virtual application. Each virtual application is entirely separated from each other and players can't communicate or see players or rooms from other virtual app. Furthermore they are also entirely separated from players, who are connected to different regions of the same virtual application.

Each virtual app can in each region have multiple lobbies. The room lists that are provided inside lobbies of type 'default', only include rooms, for which the same lobby has been specified on room creation. However players can still join rooms that are listed in other lobbies, when they know the room name or when they specify the name of the lobby that room should be located in on joining a random room.

As I assume that you don't want to allow players of one application to be able to join rooms from a different application, using different app versions seems to be the better approach for me than just using different lobbies.

However the cleanest approach would clearly be to use different appIDs, as that is the only way that you can separate the app statistics (like the amount of users online) of your 4 different apps from each other.

Otherwise you would just know the summed up statistics for all 4 games together. However if you have 500 CCU with 4 applications that could mean 125+125+125+125 or 50+100+150+200 or 10+15+25+450, etc., but would not see how successful each of your games is long term (just knowing the download numbers isn't too useful as in some games for 1,000 downloads after 5 years 200 users are still online each day and for others after 1 week 990 users have already uninstalled the game again).