It does not work after the EXE compiled for Windows

Options
Hello to all
Just I devote myself to Unity I saw SkyArena asset at a good price and bought it.
After compiling the ship is not launched as exe crashes into mountains and more.
Not capture the flag.
Do not apply any changes.
Using Unity 5.5.0.f3 personal.
What I would check to understand the problem?
thanks bye

Comments

• Hi @PitbullM,

thanks for letting us know, we are looking into this.

For now a solution is, that you use a Unity version from the 5.4.x family, since these are working properly. I tested this successfully in Unity 5.4.2p4.
  • Hi @PitbullM,

maybe I have found a solution for the problem, since I got this working with Unity 5.5. In the Unity Editor navigate to Edit -> Project Settings ->Tags and Layers. There is a new view opened in the inspector where you can edit - obviously - tags and layers. There might be some '(removed)' entries in the tag list. If you can't edit the tag list, try restarting the Unity editor, re-open the view and try to remove the broken entries, if they are still shown. What we want to have is a tag list containing Projectile, Obstacle and Ship as entries.

If you still can't edit the list, navigate to Edit -> Project Settings -> Editor. Again there is a new view opened in the inspector. Look for Asset Serialization Mode and change the value to Force Text. Now navigate to the Tags and Layers view again and try modifying the list. Maybe this requires a restart of the Unity Editor.

If you still don't have the possibility to edit this list, you can also open the file where the data is stored and try to edit this directly. The file is located in ProjectRoot/ProjectSettings/TagManager.asset. Having that file opened you can manually edit it now. There should be something like the following inside:

tags:
    - Projectile
    - Obstacle
    - Ship

Please let us know if this solves your problem.
  • PitbullM
    Options
    Hello
    Excuse me I have only had the use of the pc today returned from HP.
    Why burn my hd with the whole project.
    I'll try it as soon as I finish the new unity download.
    Thanks again
  • PitbullM
    Options
    Hello
    Yes, it works. you are great.
    I removed the tag because he had the first '(removed)', and the last one '(removed)'.
    Recompiled and wow it works.
    Thanks again
    Thank you
    Thank you
    Thank you
    Mario;)
  • Hi,

good to hear it's working now. Meanwhile we have also updated the package on the Asset Store to make it compatible to Unity 5.5 without modifying the tags manually.