Co-Op Question

Options
Hey guys/gals.

I am making a co-op game with PuN in Unity.
Now as we all know - PuN isn't hacker safe.

So what I'm trying to do is, alleviate hackers/legit players by doing the following.

Player1: (Hacker) - Finishes his missions in 0.3 seconds
Player2: (Legit Player) Plays for 5 minutes and looses.

Sense Player2 looses, player 1 will also loose, so you can hack all you want, but if the non-hacker player looses - so do you (the hacker).

So where I'm getting at is, how can I separate player1's missions and player2's missions so player 1 can't hack player2's missions and just win the game.

So it would be something like

Player1: has only player 1 missions
Player2: has only player 2 missions

I hope this makes sense.

I thought about just using bools. But then again, player1 (the hacker) can just make the bool true or false and still win.
Even thought about doing photoView ID's, if id = player 2{ Player2-win/loose} But wasn't sure if that would be the proper way.

Comments

• Pav
    Options
    You could disconnect the hacker :open_mouth:

I would do this by figuring out his position on the legit player's client and how long it took to change.

Depends what your game is too.
  • N1warhead
    Options
    Pav said:

You could disconnect the hacker :open_mouth:

I would do this by figuring out his position on the legit player's client and how long it took to change.

Depends what your game is too.

It's kinda funny actually. It's a hacking game hahaahah.
    So it's all UI Based stuff. I've thought about timer stuff. I suppose I could make it do a timer and be like wtf, hacker (pop up some weird Error Message) like (Error: Shader SomeShader (Code5400)).) Then when people start complain (game don't work, this error keeps popping up) I'll know what happened hahaaha.