Strategy game advice please!

Options
Hi there, I have been working on a Chess/final fantasy tactics style 1 v 1 strategy game using a unity asset MapNav2 which is really awesome btw.
I am kind of confused about how to get started using photon for this style game. Mapnav2 allows you to create a chess board style grid with nodes. I want to figure out how to do a 1 v 1 style chess game that takes into account keeping track of units on the grid, keeping track of choices a character can make, stats, abilities, where a unit can move to etc

My main questions are these...

1. What is a good way to keep track of my grid/nodes via the photon cloud server? I was thinking maybe just

2 I am not using physics at all, I am using transform.translate to move units around. It seems a lot of what I have seen about photon is that it uses physics to move objects but I don't really need this.

3. I need to keep track of things like if a tile/node is occupied, which tiles/nodes game objects are linked with, telling photon what the path of a character is when a destination is picked.

All this stuff is already set up if it was a single player game but it's kind of confusing trying to figure out how to make it all work in photon. Does anybody have any experience or advice for a strategy game like this with photon cloud?

Bonus question... Do people use mysql with photon cloud for database stuff like keeping track of stats/abilities?

Thank you for any advice, it's all kind of new to me and is pretty overwhemling

Comments

• Pav
    Options
    I don't know how to do this personally, but I've seen N3K do this on youtube using UNET. Check him out, could get some ideas.
  • Burglekutt
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Thank you I just looked it up, I am gonna watch it right now :)