Best Practice: Make a static tree asset "network instantiated" real-time

Options
graphe
graphe
Hey

I've posted this question in the wrong sub-forum. It is about PUN.

I just try to figure out what the best practice scenario with PUN would be on this. Most examples are about a few player objects, but not really about interaction with many non-player objects such as trees or chests.

What is the best practice for the following scenario:

Let's take the Vikings demo scene. It contains many tree objects that cannot be hit, right? Those are static tree assets that all clients have in common, because the scene is so. Those trees are not "network instantiated".

- What if I wish to hit 1 tree and want to make this hit becomes visible to all players?
- When I hit this tree, the tree is hit and also spawns other assets.

So, how to handle such a thing with PUN?

- If I would "network instantiate" all trees, it becomes a heavy burden, right? What is the limit? 5k objects?
- Or is it common practice to transform a tree to a network instantiated when I hit it? Shall I attach a View to it?
- Do you care at all about a max number of network instantiated objects? Because, after all, only 1 of 5k trees would send updates from time to time, right? Unless someone is chopping all trees, of course.

Also, imagine a huge level that can only be loaded incrementally, which means: Player A does not see what Player B sees, although they use the same level/scene. Think DayZ levels that are huge and constantly updated by the players.