Where to store player elo when implementing skill based matchmaking!

Options
Hello everyone!

I'm trying to implement skilled based matchmaking using LobbyType.SqlLobby.

I'm following the code examples from this video

My question is, where should I store elo (skill rating) of every player? My game is integrated with PlayFab and one option could be to store it there, but I'm not sure if this is a correct approach.

PS.

I'm completely new to this, could you please suggest some good examples with code on how to correctly implement skill based matchmaking.

Thanks!

Answers

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi @1_Mad_Developer,

Storing each player's skill value as PlayFab UserData or Statistic should be good enough.
    So load it once player signs in and save it when it changes. You could also fetch it periodically if the player can play on multiple devices and even save it periodically.
    If you make the skill as a lobby property per player inside the room, you could save it from a webhook inside CloudScript. We hope to make player properties more available from webhooks as well for such reasons.
  • 1_Mad_Developer
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Great answer as usual! Thanks @JohnTube !

Still don't see the button to mark your post as an answer :( Am I missing something?
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @1_Mad_Developer,

Thanks for your kind words.

I edited the original post's type from "discussion" to "question" please make sure to use proper type next time!