RPC a collision

Options
Hello, I set up photon in my 2D side scrolling MMO game (think maplestory rip off) and its working well so far I can get multiple to connect appear and move around I just wish they wouldn't collide with each other. Ive tried making RPC calls that pass collisions but photon complains about that. How can I make it so players do not collide with each other? Changing the layers that they spawn on doesn't really work because then I would have to make another ground object spawn there too or else all players but 1 would fall. Hm.. I haven't been able to find information on this yet...

Answers

• Hi @jaekx,

I think you need to handle this with Unity's layer-based collision detection instead of creating a workaround with RPCs. E.g. if all of your players are on the same layer and you set up the collision matrix correct, then all players will still collide with other objects but not with other players.

then I would have to make another ground object spawn there

I don't know what you mean by that, because I would assume that the ground has another collision layer as the player object.