QueueIncomingReliableWarning.

Options
steamcore
steamcore ✭✭
I keep getting this message:

QueueIncomingReliableWarning. This client buffers many incoming messages. This is OK temporarily. With lots of these warnings, check if you send too much or execute messages too slow.

How do I find out which class is buffering? Is this just RPCs, or can this be transform views and OnPhotonSerializeView ?

btw, I don't have a single PhotonTargets.AllBuffered in my game.

Comments

• steamcore
    Options
    Ok did a bunch of reading on these forums and elsewhere.

Couple of clarification q's:
    1) Does OnPhotonSerializeView need to be used with reliable? Mine is unreliable at the moment.
    2) Is there a way to get a log of RPCs as they are called and their name? As it stands, there are only two photonviews with observed components per player in my scene. 1 uses onphotonserializeview and unreliable. another uses a transform view and unreliable on change. the rest of the photonviews are just for RPCs but I don't know if they are mistakenly firing every frame. Looking for something like OnPhotonRPCCalled or similar.
    3) I have read here and elsewhere that "It's just a warning". I get about 30 of these warnings a minute, and the player movement is behaving awful right now.

THanks

• steamcore
    Options
    I was only able to find networkingPeer.QueuedIncomingCommands, and just debug when it is larger than the frame before. here's a screenshot of how high it gets, so obviously this is way too high; but without debug info as to which RPCs are firing I have no idea why it's this high even with no player input.

• steamcore
    Options
    Sigh, I found it.

In Update() i had a counter that gets reset to 5f when you are hit, and constantly countsdown ( -= TIme.DeltaTime). Well, I had an old command that would set the ID of the last player to hit you to your own number (i.e. you haven't been hit in 5 seconds) if the timer == 0. I changed everything to RPCs when switching to network multiplayer from local multiplayer. Didn't catch the fact that on every single frame, the RPC would be called because the timer==0. Now I have a temp bool that only switches it once (1 rpc) when you reset.