Some questions, evaluating PUN

Options
The game I'm working on is synchronous turn-based, where each player submits their decisions for the round, and then the results are shared between the players. For now, I have just a couple of specific questions about what I'd like to be able to do:

- If one or both players lose their connection or have to restart the game, can they re-sync with the current game state?
- Is there a way to invite spectators to watch the game?

I understand that integrating with a solution like PlayFab may be necessary to handle these kind of situations, but following the merge of Turn-Based Photon into Realtime, I'm left with confusing information available about what PUN can and can't do.

Comments

• Barliesque
    Options
    Really? Nobody?
    Not looking for how to do these things so much as confirmation of what's supported by PUN.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Hi @Barliesque,

I moved this question to PUN category.

- If one or both players lose their connection or have to restart the game, can they re-sync with the current game state?

Yes this is possible if you mean that the game is not asynchronous and does not include save and load.
    Otherwise if you're thinking about persisting room state using webhooks then some PUN features won't work out-of-the box.

- Is there a way to invite spectators to watch the game?

You should implement that yourself as PUN allows it.
  • Barliesque
    Options
    Hi @JohnTube,
    Excellent! Thanks for your response.