Photon 1.74 warning

Options
I just updated my Unity project to Photon 1.74 and I am getting this warning.

Assembly 'Photon3Unity3d' has non matching file name: 'Photon3Unity3D.dll'. This can cause build issues on some platforms. UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

Comments

• alex_g
    Options
    I recently updated from 1.66 to 1.74, and got the following error when building on IOS.

ERROR: Failed to resolve base type System.Configuration.ConfigurationException for type System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException
    Fatal error in Mono CIL Linker
    System.Exception: ERROR: Failed to resolve base type System.Configuration.ConfigurationException for type System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException
    at UnusedBytecodeStripper2.ResolveFromMonoBehaviours.IsMonoBehaviourOrScriptableObject (Mono.Cecil.TypeDefinition type) [0x00000] in :0
    at System.Linq.Enumerable+c__Iterator1E`1[Mono.Cecil.TypeDefinition].MoveNext () [0x00000] in :0
    at UnusedBytecodeStripper2.ResolveFromMonoBehaviours.Process (Mono.Linker.LinkContext context) [0x00000] in :0
    at Mono.Linker.Pipeline.Process (Mono.Linker.LinkContext context) [0x00000] in :0
    at Mono.Linker.Driver.Run () [0x00000] in :0
    at Mono.Linker.Driver.RunDriverWithErrorHandling (Mono.Linker.Driver driver) [0x00000] in :0
    at Mono.Linker.Driver.RunDriver (Mono.Linker.Driver driver) [0x00000] in :0

My "upgrade" consisted in copying and replacing the contents of the demo's Assets/Photon Unity Networking and Assets/Plugins folders. It works and builds fine on PC.

Any idea?
  • Nobrega
    Nobrega
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I am also getting a new error without having changed anything. I re-imported photon and it is still there.

System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: Bad PKCS7 padding. Invalid length 49. at Mono.Security.Cryptography.SymmetricTransform.ThrowBadPaddingException (PaddingMode padding, Int32 length, Int32 position) [0x0005c] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/Mono.Security.Cryptography/SymmetricTransform.cs:363 at Mono.Security.Cryptography.SymmetricTransform.FinalDecrypt (System.Byte[] inputBuffer, Int32 inputOffset, Int32 inputCount) [0x001a3] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/Mono.Security.Cryptography/SymmetricTransform.cs:515 at Mono.Security.Cryptography.SymmetricTransform.TransformFinalBlock (System.Byte[] inputBuffer, Int32 inputOffset, Int32 inputCount) [0x00034] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/Mono.Security.Cryptography/SymmetricTransform.cs:554 at System.Security.Cryptography.RijndaelManagedTransform.TransformFinalBlock (System.Byte[] inputBuffer, Int32 inputOffset, Int32 inputCount) [0x00000] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Security.Cryptography/RijndaelManagedTransform.cs:94 at Photon.SocketServer.Security.DiffieHellmanCryptoProvider.Decrypt (System.Byte[] data, Int32 offset, Int32 count) [0x0000e] in C:\Dev\photon-sdk-dotnet\PhotonDotnet\DiffieHellmanCryptoProvider.cs:371 at ExitGames.Client.Photon.PeerBase.DeserializeMessageAndCallback (System.Byte[] inBuff) [0x000d3] in C:\Dev\photon-sdk-dotnet\PhotonDotnet\PeerBase.cs:862 UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object) NetworkingPeer:DebugReturn(DebugLevel, String) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:1465) ExitGames.Client.Photon.PeerBase:DeserializeMessageAndCallback(Byte[]) (at C:/Dev/photon-sdk-dotnet/PhotonDotnet/PeerBase.cs:883) ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands() (at C:/Dev/photon-sdk-dotnet/PhotonDotnet/EnetPeer.cs:503) ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands() (at C:/Dev/photon-sdk-dotnet/PhotonDotnet/PhotonPeer.cs:1354) PhotonHandler:Update() (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonHandler.cs:125)

EDIT: I've been playing around with Photon's settings to see if I could figure out the cause and it's very inconsistent, it worked once using Tcp over Udp, then it worked once with Udp and Lobby stats disabled. It's very inconsistent.
  • alex_g
    Options
    Actually I got this error too, but I believe it changed into the one I state after I copied the missing link.xml into the Photon Networking folder.
  • Tobias
    Options
    We fixed some of the issues in PUN v1.75. Especially you will need it when you export to iOS.
    Make sure to use ".Net 2.0" as compatibility level. The ".Net 2.0 Subset" won't work for the time being.
  • Nobrega
    Options
    Tobias said:

We fixed some of the issues in PUN v1.75. Especially you will need it when you export to iOS.
    Make sure to use ".Net 2.0" as compatibility level. The ".Net 2.0 Subset" won't work for the time being.

I've been using .Net 2.0 after reading the changelog in v1.74, I can confirm though that v1.75 appears to have fixed my issues.
  • Tobias
    Options
    Thanks for confirming the fixes for v1.75 and sorry again about the hassle.