Add more manage features in a web panel, please! [three ideas inside]

Options
1. Close all connections
If the bad guy get my AppID and create hundreds of connections, what can I do? - Nothing! Or if I want to update the game? You may have to reset all connections, if the update makes critical changes. Please allow to close all connections from a web panel.

2. Disable Multi-join for authorized players (then anonymous clients disabled)
The problem is that player from a single account can create hundreds of connections. What's the point? This is normally only for tests.

I propose to do so:
- User with a UserId (12344, for example) connect to Lobby
- Check if a user with a UserId (12344, for example) already exists in Lobby or in Game Servers, then server close all old connections in Lobby/Game Servers.
- Profit!

This is a logical behavior. If it is a game in Facebook, then I would not want the player to open the game in multiple tabs or via one account to play a few players.

3. Global cloud events
I would like to be able to send commands from a web panel for online players. Command consists of name (string) and optional parameters. In the code, it would look like this:
private void OnPhotonWebEvent(string name, Dictionary<string, object> parameters)
{
	switch (name)
	{
		case "user_banned";
			if (Social.User.ID == parameters["id"])
			{
				PhotonNetwork.LeaveRoom();
				GameScreen.DisplayBannedWindow();
			}
			break;
		case "global_message":
			Chat.AddServerMessage(parameters["message"]);
			break;
	}
}

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Rusildo,

Thank you for your suggestions. Interesting ideas indeed!

By "web panel" you mean Photon Dashboard right? that's the frequently used name for it.

1. If you're worried about multiple connections incoming from same user, maybe the solutions in 2. should do the job.
    2. Currently, in Photon Realtime (PUN also), you can avoid having n clients with same UserID joined to the same room at the same time out-of-the box. Maybe you missed this detail. Otherwise, you can make use of Photon Custom Authentication to block connections for already connected UserIDs or even do it on client side using FindFriends operation.
    3. I think you are referring to bulk Push Notifications like feature here. You can always use an external service.

If what you are requesting is really important to you, there is always the possibility to make custom Photon Servers applications and host your own servers or make a Photon Server plugin.