The canvas gone after a refresh (Bug)

Options
Hey,

I found bug with Photon Unity Networking plugin. check out please this topic:
http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/the-canvas-gone-after-a-refresh-5-4-0f1.416562/

After deleting photon plugin, the problem has gone. After install the plugin again, the problem came back.

How I can help to your team to fix this problem? When the problem will be resolved? The problem is very annoying for me to continue develop the game.

Comments

• Hi Ben1911,

I was not able to reproduce the bug you were talking about when trying it using Unity version 5.3.5f1 as well as 5.4.0f1. I also read through the link you submitted and the attached bug report. Since I can't access your attached project, maybe you can provide it somewhere else so I can take a closer look at it. Besides: which PUN version are you currently using?
  • Ben1911
    Options

Hi Ben1911,

I was not able to reproduce the bug you were talking about when trying it using Unity version 5.3.5f1 as well as 5.4.0f1. I also read through the link you submitted and the attached bug report. Since I can't access your attached project, maybe you can provide it somewhere else so I can take a closer look at it. Besides: which PUN version are you currently using?

Hi.
    I was talking about 5.3.5p7, not 5.3.5f1. I have currently the latest version.
    you can download the project from here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/121459925/Test.rar
  • Hi Ben1911,

thanks for sharing the project, I was able to reproduce the 'bug' which also occurred in 5.3.5f1.

So - hopefully - here is your workaround / fix:
    1) In your project navigate to the Plugins folder
    2) Look for a file named 'Photon3Unity3D.dll.mdb' (the filename extension is very important) and delete the file if it exists
    3) Within the Plugins folder navigate to the Uwp folder
    4) Look for 'Photon3Unity3D.dll.mdb' again and delete the file if it exists

Please give me some feedback if this solved the problem for you.
  • Ben1911
    Options

Hi Ben1911,

thanks for sharing the project, I was able to reproduce the 'bug' which also occurred in 5.3.5f1.

So - hopefully - here is your workaround / fix:
    1) In your project navigate to the Plugins folder
    2) Look for a file named 'Photon3Unity3D.dll.mdb' (the filename extension is very important) and delete the file if it exists
    3) Within the Plugins folder navigate to the Uwp folder
    4) Look for 'Photon3Unity3D.dll.mdb' again and delete the file if it exists

Please give me some feedback if this solved the problem for you.

Thank you very much! problem solved.