What Addresses do PUN contact when Connecting?

Options
Hi All,

I'm currently working on a project for school based clients who run vert tight locked down networks. They have address filtering preventing our PUN - based product from connecting to the Cloud Servers.

I've done some researching and can only find reference to these two addresses to add to an exception list.
ns.exitgames.com
app-eu.exitgamescloud.com

However the client is still unable to connect, we've verified that their network security solution Lightspeed is the culprit, as the connection is successful if the computer is temporarily excluded from the Lightspeed Security net.

The error is that ConnectUsingSettings eventually fails due to time out.

Are there any other addresses that PUN contacts when connecting?

Answers

• JC@Totem
    Options
    Bump
    Even a confirmation that those are the only two addresses contacted would be helpful.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @JC@Totem,

I apologize about the delay in response.

If there is a filtering at DNS level then you should whitelist only: ns.exitgames.com
    You may need to open some ports. You can find more details in this page.
    For more information about the overall architecture, there is a nice figure on this page.
  • JC@Totem
    JC@Totem
    edited May 2016
    Options
    @JohnTube
    Hi, Thanks for the reply, however we already have opened all the ports on that list. After that the first error was failing to connect to ns.exitgames.com which it reported in the log files, adding that to the exception list fixed that stage. Yet the program still cannot connect without disabling the Network Security Software on that PC.