the problem of synchronization of movement during jumps ping

Options
In my game during jumps ping (50-60 dramatically increased to 100-130)
traffic on the network breaks down and teleport objects over long distances, not moving smoothly. (interpolation is implemented)

1) How to implement manually ping jumps?
2) How do the correct teleport during jumps ping ??

Comments

• vadim
    Options
    Do you mean that ping time is not constant but may suddenly temporary increase because of internet connection condition? Or ping increases when jump feature engaged in game? Please clarify.
    In any case it's not clear what are you asking in 1)
    How do you measure the ping, by the way?
  • Kurtav
    Kurtav ✭✭
    Options
    Hosting Region EU – my location Russia, Saint Petersburg
    Photon сloud. I take the ping data PhotonNetwork.GetPing ()); How to make so that this event does not fall under the ping jumps or big difference values ping players. It does not matter what I was going to choose - Pocket loss or resending them. All the same smooth movement will fall, will either be a jerk, when resending packets player will stop instead of continuing to move. Throwing those with large jumps ping? And when a big difference in ping scatter them around the room with a certain Range ping? but when not a big line 2-7 with anyone if they play if I separate them from room to room and throw out those who gallops Ping.
    And indeed in the photon Cloude constant jumps ping! In this situation to create a normal smooth motion? This is unrealistic. It turns out that the Cloud photon is suitable only for turn-based games?

• vadim
    Options
    Still can't get if ping changes on single client while it's playing or pings for different clients significantly differ. If the latter is the case, it's probably due to client internet connection conditions. It's common that players with better ping have advantage. Separating them or even dropping in case they does not meet you requirements may be the options.
    Note that you can keep simple movements synchronized even if position updates are not arriving. Use PhotonNetwork.time which is approx, the same on all clients to simulate same movements based on same initial conditions arrived in last update.
    Aside ping, bandwidth may affect ability to play especially if you are sending a lot. The easiest way to overload connection is to attach PhotonView and sync position for things like bullets (not recommended).
    Did you try demos from PUN package? Do they suffer from the same problems as your app?