How do I send something over the network in Javascript?

Options
I have only just begun using PUN and yes I understand C# is ideal but right now I am using JavaScript. I was hoping you would be able to tell me why my code isn't sending the message to the object I need to be destroyed. I know it is almost 100% going to be wrong but I hope you will be able to help as I have looked online for hours and can't find anything.

This is the script on the object that shoots the cube.
function Update(){ if(Input.GetMouseButton(0)){ var hit : RaycastHit; var fwd : Vector3 = transform.TransformDirection(Vector3.back); Debug.DrawRay(transform.position, fwd, Color.green); GetComponent.<Animation>().Play("ResponseShoot"); if(Physics.Raycast(transform.position, fwd,hit, 300)) { if(hit.transform.CompareTag("Destroy")){ destroyScript = hit.transform.GetComponent("Destroy"); destroyScript.photonView.RPC("TakeDamage", RPCMode.All, 100); } } } }

This is the code on the cube
public var health = 100; @PunRPC function TakeDamage(amount){ health -= amount; Debug.Log("DAMAGE"); if(health <= 0){ Destroy(this.gameObject); } }

Best Answer

Answers

• Tobias
    Options
    We can't test the code for you but it does look OK.
    Is there anything in the console / log for the sender or receiver? Are you sure you are calling .RPC()? And your client is in a room with someone else?