PhotonNetwork Offline Mode

Options
I'm posting this not so much because there is something that isn't working, but more because I'm wondering if this is how it's supposed to work. I think it's excellent that all I have to do is put "PhotonNetwork.offlineMode = true" in order to essentially turn my game into single player mode. I was very happy with that -- so THANK YOU Photon for that option.

From reading some other comments and articles, I found out I also have to Create a room for single player mode to work. Is this correct? And why is this the case I guess? In "offline mode" Photon doesn't have to do anything online correct? My players won't have to have any sort of internet connection available in order to play my game single player right?

Anyways, mainly just wanted to thank the Photon company for making Offline mode work so easily, as I was expecting to have to re-code a huge chunk of my code base in order to get single player to work for my game -- but now I don't think I have to. Which is awesome :smiley:

Comments

• vadim
    Options
    I think it depends on how Photon is integrated in your app (room properties require room instance e.g.).
    Just try if it works for you w/o room creation. If it does not, create a room.