Player Name display in Room

Options
Hello ,
@Tobias @vadim
Once again i need someone's help.. and this time its really needy...

i have to display player name where it is generated in Room. i have used login services to login in app for user who has registered. So when user login in App after creating room it will instantiate and display its name. with which name user are login. but the problem arise is that when this player display in another game player with same room than it catch local player login name and display it. so i want to solution of it. how i can give name to player in my room and also where it remotely generated at another Player room.

Plaese help me...

Comments

• i have already solve this by my self...

i use custom property to give name player and it automatically sync in network.
  • Tobias
    Options
    The PlayerName (a.k.a. NickName) is available for this and a built-in property. You don't have to set your own.
    There is a script "show player info" or similar, which you should be able to use as basis, too.
  • Ann
    Options
    Hi sorry for lifting this again after such a long time. But is it still true that you should be able to get the nickname of the opponents in the room? Because I cant gets this to work, it is also not working in the Memory Demo, it only returns an empty string. And it seems kind of ugly to send the names as custom properties.

Thanks
    /Ann
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hi @Ann,

Please check that in "LoadBalancingClient.cs" file you should have this.enterRoomParamsCache.PlayerProperties = this.LocalPlayer.AllProperties; instead of this.enterRoomParamsCache.PlayerProperties = this.LocalPlayer.CustomProperties;.
  • Ann
    Options
    Thanks @JohnTube That worked!
  • BearHugMark
    Options
    Just stumbled upon exactly the same issue, and that line of code change fixed it. Line 1884 in the SDK I have. Thank you. Will that be fixed/updated in a future release of the SDK?
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @BearHugMark,

I'm glad you were able to find a solution for your problem.
    Yes this will be fixed in an upcoming update.