Is there any chance to move application from photon real-time to photon turnbased features

Options
Hello,
I have a game created with photon real-time. Now I can see that fully populated room doesn't go over 50 msgs/s. So its is pointless to be real-time. I was thinking to transfer that app to turnbased if the all network logic is the same. If it is not possible to do it on photon website I will go hard way. Create new app in turnbased section and make a update to the game.

Best Answer

Answers

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Freeman,

I think you can manually change AppID from RealTime to TurnBased without changing anything in the code.
  • Freeman
    Options
    Can you please provide some more info. Where I can find that option. It is Unity game btw.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Create a new TurnBased application and use its AppID in your game instead.
  • Freeman
    Freeman
    edited January 2016
    Options
    My game is allready live on google play. If I do like you said I have to make an update to the game. (Change AppId, build, publish->update) I want to avoid updating. Is it posible on the photon website to transfer appId from realtime to turnbased. AppId is still on the free photon subscription.
  • agarrote
    Options
    I want to know, is this possible too, if Im using Photon Realtime for Unity(PUN) and want to go TurnBased Photon(on Unity) ?, or Do I have to rewrite my code base for this to work?