Question about One-Time plans and PUN+ Lifetime plan

Options
I'm developing a game that runs on PUN+. It has the 100 CCU plan that comes with PUN+ and a separate 100 CCU Realtime plan as well as a 100 CCU Chat plan. I looked on the Photon website and noticed that the One-time plans only last for 60 months (aka 5 years). Do I have to pay again in 5 years, or do I have to upgrade to a monthly plan? Also, I thought the 100 CCU from PUN+ lasts a lifetime and yet, it still says 60 months in my dashboard. The game is going on iOS next year, and I don't want to lose Photon's support.

Thank you

Comments

• KingDruid
    Options
    They probably have a limit on the amount of months they can put on the account. I am assuming if it says lifetime, they should be renewing it every 60 months in the back end for without you noticing.
  • bertelmonster2k
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Hi -

legally we had to limit the runtime of the "on-time 100CCU licenses". The former "lifetime" promise was too unclear/undefined.

We decided that 1 year (12 months) is a fair and extensive period. Please remind that we here at Exit Games have monthly running costs: Hosting, bandwidth, support and operations.

After 1 year the application will downgrade to 20CCU (free). You still have product support then. You can decide to buy another one time license for 100CCU for another 1 year then.

We talk about the year 2021 - this is a lifetime for us ;). And I am sure a lot of our technology/services will have changed by then.

Chris