Error when building for Windows10/UAP with IL2CPP

Options
Hi,
i tried to build for Windows 10/UAP with IL2CPP in Unity 5.3.0f4, but i get multiple errors in the SupportClass.
I use the latest Photon Plugin 1.64.2.

For example:
Assets\Photon Unity Networking\Plugins\PhotonNetwork\Extensions.cs(107,16): error CS0576: Namespace "" contains a definition conflicting with alias "SupportClass".

Assets\Photon Unity Networking\Plugins\PhotonNetwork\PhotonClasses.cs(1416,73): error CS0117: "SupportClass" does not contain a definition for "DictionaryToString".

Assets\Photon Unity Networking\Plugins\PhotonNetwork\NetworkingPeer.cs(2249,57): error CS0117: "SupportClass" does not contain a definition for "GetMethods".

Thanks

Comments

• Eknoes
    Options
    One soultion for this errors is to to replace SupportClass with ExitGames.Client.Photon.SupportClass. But now IL2CPP fails with a different error..
  • Eknoes
    Options
    It's also possible to compile it with IL2CPP when using the regular .NET dll and not the WinRT version
  • Tobias
    Options
    Is IL2CPP for Windows 10 "released" or "beta"?
    IL2CPP took quite a while to mature for iOS and I imagine it could be a similar procress for other platforms. If you have issues on a single platform, which could be export issues, please also report them to Unity as bugs, so they could take a look/fix things.

I can take a look but unless it's a simple thing to fix, I can't promise a quick solution.
  • Tobias
    Options
    I think it is a bug in Unity somehow. The methods it's missing, are in fact in the dll. Maybe it gets stripped away accidentally, before your code can use it. Something similar happened before.
  • Eknoes
    Options
    Boo contains a class SupportClass in global namespace and this is colliding with the Photon class when using IL2CPP.
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/build-fails-running-ununsedbytecodestripper2.373131/#post-2423804

Probably currently the only solution is to use the full namespace path of SupportClass. It's also necessary to use the default Photon dll and not the metro version, because some WinRT methods are still missing in IL2CPP
  • Tobias
    Tobias admin
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Sorry for the late reply. I get the impression that the forum is not showing me new replies (with a "new" tag), when I bookmark a thread. I missed this reply despite checking my bookmarks daily...

Updated:
    I answered in the Unity forum now. There is a workaround to use the "regular" Mono C# dll, instead of our special Windows Store one.

Read the Windows 10 Export thread for the setup description.