Want other player to see an object - which is NOT a prefab

Options
I always try to post at least a little bit of code to specify my problem, but this is a general question that worries me a bit.
To sum it up - educational VR game, players can join rooms and can see each other, everything works great thanks to Photon. Now, I have a simple canvas that I want to be seen by both players - however the canvas is NOT a prefab. From what I understood, if I want both players to see the same object it has to be a prefab with PhotonView. Is it possible even if it is NOT a prefab ?

The reason I am asking is, the game combines singleplayer and multiplayer aspects - I really dont want to instantiate the canvas everytime I join a room, because the canvas is used in the sigleplayer mode as well. I hope it makes sense.
So the question is > first player joins the room, he sees the same canvas as in singleplayer. Second player joins the room > is it possible to make him see the canvas if it is NOT an instantiated GameObject?
Thanks a lot for any help :)

Comments

• vadim
    Options
    Create local canvas on every client and synchronize it's state with what you prefer: RPC or OnPhotonSerializeView on some PhotonView object or room properties or PhotonNetwork.RaiseEvent. Last 2 approaches does not require PhotonView object for data synchronization.
  • SamPav
    Options
    Thanks a lot :)