Unity 5.2 - networking stopped working

Options
Hello,

Been using photon for a couple years and just updated to Unity 5.2 for better Oculus support (way faster) but this version of Unity broke photon or my code when in multiplayer. The code works fine in single player mode but won't instantiate player objects on the clients. The master sees all clients, but the client does not see the master.

It seems to break on PhotonNetwork.Instantiate. The object seems to be created and then immediately destroyed. The network objects do not show up in the editor.

Are there any known issues with Unity 5.2 and Photon?

Tried with photon v1.24 and then updated to the latest on the asset store v1.67 both with the same result.

Works on:
5.1.2f1

Does not work:
5.2.1f1
5.2.2f1
5.2.2p2

Another question: how do I turn off the RPC outdated script? I updated all PUN RPC's but want to keep the unity peer-to-peer RPC's that is used for a remote control to start and stop the multiplayer game.

Thanks for any info,
Dennis

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    I can't reproduce an issue with Instantiate in Unity 5.2.1, when I try Editor and a Standalone Build.
    It must be something more specific.
    Any chance you can debug this to some degree and see why / where things get destroyed? If you add some log output to OnDestroy(), you might get some info,

It could also be related to the Oculus export. Can you try swapping who is master client and regular client? Can you build a standalone and check if that does better?

If it's Oculus related, we can't do much. That's entirely in Unity's hands. We would need to know a workaround. Report this as bug to Unity in that case.

To turn off the "Outdated RPC Found" dialog, please edit the PhotonEditor class.
    Find UpdateRpcList() and in there, "if (countOldRpcs > 0)". Comment out that block.