Matchmaking Lobby setup [Need Help]

Options
Dknighter
Dknighter ✭✭
Hello, I am trying to make a lobby for my game so that the game waits until the max number of players is reached before starting. Basically, the players get put into a scene which is the following picture, they have to click "Ready" and when all players are ready the game will start. I cannot get my head around how this works. First of all when the players join they will need to get assigned one of the spots at the bottom of the screen to show their username and to show that they are ready but I cannot work out how to go about this which is my biggest problem, any help would be great.

I realize that for readying up I would have to use a custom property for each player however I have no idea how to assign the button to work for the certain players assigned text/ tile.

Screenshot

Thank you.

Comments

• Dknighter
    Options
    Ok I think I worked it out, not sure how to delete this post though.
  • Tobias
    Options
    In best case, you post a short answer to your own problem. So others can learn to avoid the issue and this is "solved". :)
    Even if you don't write something, thanks for the heads up.
  • zigglr
    Options
    Dknighter said:

Hello, I am trying to make a lobby for my game so that the game waits until the max number of players is reached before starting. Basically, the players get put into a scene which is the following picture, they have to click "Ready" and when all players are ready the game will start. I cannot get my head around how this works. First of all when the players join they will need to get assigned one of the spots at the bottom of the screen to show their username and to show that they are ready but I cannot work out how to go about this which is my biggest problem, any help would be great.

I realize that for readying up I would have to use a custom property for each player however I have no idea how to assign the button to work for the certain players assigned text/ tile.

Screenshot

Thank you.

Wern't you able to post how you got this to work?