ConnectUsingSettings - best region issue

Options
Hi,

I'm working on Android phone. When I use "ConnectUsingSettings" , my config is Best region with all selected.The phone_A connect to a server with 130 ping +. On my other phone_B I have 30-40 ping. They can't see each other.

If I select photon cloud (EU), all phone have 30-40ping and I they see each other.

Why best region with phone_a doesn't work ?

Thank you

Comments

• Honikou
    Options
    Any admin about this serious issue ?
  • Tobias
    Options
    To be blunt: How should we know? You don't even tell us what's different between phone A and B?

If some device is buggy or has a bad moment, it will have a bad ping to some server and a better to another. We try to reduce the chances of that happening, by pinging multiple times but that does all but guarantee this to work, right?

Which cloud does phone A connect to in your case? Does it use another Wifi or different frequency? 3G? Different sim and plan?
    We can't find that out for you.

What you can do: Ping more often, if needed. Or let your players pick a region in-game.
  • Honikou
    Options
    Be blunt no problem ;)

I can handle automatic region and let him select one right, that is a good idea.

The fact is when I select EU, phone A ( nexus 6), have ping egal to 40. Phone B (Wiko Highway) 40 too. But when I put automatic, phone A have 140ping and B 40, and they can't see each other (not same server.

The fact is EU is still lower than the other server that is selected. I don't understand why he pick the bad one on automatic.

• Tobias
    Options
    Hmm.
    I wonder if I could reproduce that but so far, all tests gave me the correct EU region (we're in Hamburg).
    You only got it on one phone, you say?
    Do you know where the regions are stored when they arrive? Maybe you could try to reorder the list, so the EU region is last? Maybe that makes a difference...
  • Honikou
    Options
    I have no idea where the reorder are stored.

(I have also try with 4g and wifi, the result was the same for the phone_A). I encounter a new problem now, someone stole my apk and put it on chinese market, I have too mutch player now, that is a good issue.

I will try again monday, I will tell you if this issue is still present.
  • Tobias
    Tobias admin
    edited October 2015
    Options
    In such a case, we could close your AppId (for the stolen version). Let us know. Mail this to developer@exitgames.com
    Alternatively, you could force all clients to authenticate via Custom Authentication. So you could stop the chinese copy from working.
  • Honikou
    Options
    Hi Tobias,

You said "Maybe you could try to reorder the list, so the EU region is last? Maybe that makes a difference..."

How to do that ? Because I'm using "ConnectUsingSettings" with "Best Region"

Thank you

• Honikou
    Options
    I just found that " Best region found in PlayerPrefs. " What is the PlayerPrefs you are using ?

I could just delete that, maybe the sav is bad for this phone.
  • Tobias
    Options
    The PhotonServerSettings "Best Region" setting will pick a region and save it in the preferences.
    That means, the client skips pinging the servers, when it did once.
    See:
    https://doc.photonengine.com/en/pun/current/getting-started/initial-setup