PUN client in Unity 5.1 project won't attempt Websocket connection

Options
I'm trying to connect a toy unity client using PUN to my photon server. When I wire-shark the client while it's trying to connect out using ConnectionProtocol.Tcp, I can clearly see the client attempting (and succeeding) to connect, and I can see it receiving chat messages.

When I switch to ConnectionProtocol.WebSocket, I see zero outbound packets from the client; IE the client does not even attempt to establish the connection. I also cannot see any error in the console or anywhere else. It appears to be failing silenty.

Help would be very much appreciated.

I've bundled up my experiment, including instruction in the readme file here: https://github.com/parnesen/PUNTest

Comments

• I should mention I'm using PUN v1.61
  • vadim
    Options
    Sorry, currently available Photon Server does not support websockets.
  • My question isn't about the server. It's about PUN running within the standalone client. When I look at the version of PUN, it's API clearly appears to support connecting out via a websocket connection, since ConnectionProtocol.Websocket is part of the enumeration, but it's failing silently.

if the protocol isn't supported, then either the API shouldn't enumerate it in ConnectionProtocol, or the client should fail and throw an exception. how is failing silently in this case an acceptable behavior?
  • vadim
    Options
    Agree, this case handling may be enhanced. Sorry for inconvenience.
    Note that next Photon Server v4 release will support websockets.