HttpWebRequest(Response) sometimes crashes Photon totally

Options
Hello.. sorry for the question spams, but there are some milestones I cannot get over..
So I have this function(this web request)

HttpWebRequest someRequest = HttpWebRequest.Create (URL) as HttpWebRequest; someRequest.ContentType = "application/json; charset=utf-8"; someRequest.Method = "POST"; someRequest.ClientCertificates.Add (client); using (var streamWriter = new StreamWriter(someRequest.GetRequestStream())) { streamWriter.Write (JsonString); streamWriter.Flush (); } someRequest.AuthenticationLevel = System.Net.Security.AuthenticationLevel.MutualAuthRequired; try { HttpWebResponse response = someRequest.GetResponse () as HttpWebResponse; Debug.Log("Server: "+response.Server); string responseText = ""; using (Stream responseStream = response.GetResponseStream()) { StreamReader reader = new StreamReader(responseStream); responseText = reader.ReadToEnd(); //we tried it- it didn't help!! we left it just in case reader.Close(); reader.Dispose(); responseStream.Close(); responseStream.Dispose(); } response.Close (); Debug.Log("Response text is: " + responseText); //parsing and creating the list ParseServerFBIDs (responseText); } catch(WebException a) { if(a.Status == WebExceptionStatus.Timeout) { ConnectToNetworks(); if(brFBFriends > 0) { RetreiveFriendsInstalledTheGame(); brFBFriends = brFBFriends - 1; } else { Debug.Log("There seems to be a problem with the connection"); brFBFriends = 2; } } }
This web request needs to be sent frequently so that I update my friends list.. from time to time the streamreader freezes for like 1-2 minutes then it returns only "{" this as a response text and both Photon and Photon Chat disconnect.. and strangely I cannot connect again to them.. There seems to be no connection between this function and photon chat/ photon server whatsoever.. I don't understand why this crashes photon as well - I can't connect to the servers after that again though...

Answers

• vadim
    Options
    Hi,

Why you think that this crashes Photon? Soon after application gets frozen, Photon server disconnects clients because of timeout.
    What is in log when you trying to reconnect?
  • Mir
    Options
    What is value of photon server timeout?