Combine Island MMO Demo and Bootcamp demo (Unity 3d)

Options
Azaldur
Azaldur
edited August 2011 in DotNet
Hey,

I'm new to networking and just working my way through the demos provided on the exit games page. There is a mmo demo which uses the island demo from unity 3d and also a bootcamp demo. The island demo is good to unterstand the interest managment which is necessary do develop a mmo and the bootcamp demo shows how multiple clients can play together. Is it possible to combine the codes of the two demos(for example use the codes of the bootcamp demo in the island mmo demo) and then develop it further? This would be a good quickstart if you are new to networking. Or does something hinder you to do that? Is it possible to start with synchronize things like movement first(like in the bootcamp demo) and later in development build an interest managment system?
Two more questions:
Are the codes free to use in your own project or do you got to write your own ones?
When i try to add other players using the wingrid they are moving very fast(in the win grid radar) and I can't see them in the island demo, even if I adjust the view area.
Thanks in advance

Comments

• Boris
    Options
    Yes, you can use the mmo backend with bootcamp front-end.
    Always wanted to do it, never had the time.
    The demo saves the world dimensions per name in memory, you have to be careful that you use identical world settings on your clients and that wrong ones have not been saved before. It's very easy to do wrong and you need to restart the mmo server to clear the wrong settings. Maybe that's what's happening? Or you submit different coordinates than expected?