Bolt assets gone (states, events, etc.) after updating to new version - how to retrieve?

Options
I updated to newest version of Bolt from the asset store following this guide: https://doc.photonengine.com/en/bolt/current/setup/upgrading

The update process seems to succeed but I lose my bolt assets (commands, states, events). They get replaced back to the default tutorial ones. I remember updating Bolt earlier this year when I was transitioning to Unity 5. I somehow managed to keep the assets back then. Perhaps there was something on the old forums that helped me back then but I obviously can't access it anymore.

So is there a file or something that I need to copy to the updated project? Or some other way to keep the bolt assets intact?

I also tried updating using the guide in Bolt's cheat sheet document but the issue remains.
I have a backup of the old project.

Best Answers

Answers

• Temi
    Options
    Thank you to both of you! :)
    It was both of the files, user.dll and project.bytes that were overwritten during the update process.
    Now all the bolt assets show up in the Bolt assets window.

However any C# code referencing to them doesn't compile / is not recognized during compile.
    For example I have a "ReloadEvent" visible in assets window but when I have something like this in C# code:

public override void OnEvent(ReloadEvent evnt){ .... }

I get an error saying "Assets/Script/Network/NetworkUsableItem.cs(33,38): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `ReloadEvent' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?"

The same happens to states and commands aswell.

I've run "compile assembly" and "Update prefab database" commands via edit->bolt -menu and they both appear to run succesfully. Also Monodevelop seems to recognize those asset classes just fine. For example it finds that ReloadEvent via it's intellisense / autocorrect.

Perhaps it's a namespace issue? But I didn't find any special namespaces in the sample files.
    BTW I updated the project from Bolt's version 0.4.3.0 (debug) to asset store's 0.4.3.6 (debug).

This is again probably something simple that I've just forgot or overlooked somewhere :) Or perhaps something has changed from the Bolt version I used earlier.
  • mark_mv
    Options
    project.bytes or alternatively project.json