About brazilian server

Options
rokawar
rokawar ✭✭
Hello,

Do you have some new about the brazilian server?

Thank you.

Comments

• Markus
    Options
    No news yet, sorry. We still hope to get it up before end of year.
  • rokawar
    Options
    Thank you.
    I hope also because a lot of my players from the brazil wait after it ^^
  • Tadeu
    Options
    I am waiting for it too!
  • rokawar
    Options
    Do you have any news? A lot of my players are waitting for.

Thank you.
  • Markus
    Options
    Closest hosting region will most likely be "sa" (Miami). You could try with that.
  • rokawar
    Options
    Hello,

Are you sure?

app-sa.exitgamescloud.com or app-us.exitgamescloud.com are both located around washington. Not in the same location but around it.

I ask that because in an email that i have received in july, we can see :
    "Global Cloud: Hosting Centers in US, Europe, Japan, Singapore, Australia & planned in Brasil & Korea. Launch your games world-wide on any platform."

Thank you
  • Markus
    Options
    Yes, I am sure.
    What leads you to think it is located in Washington?

Traffic is extremely expensive in Brazil, therefore we do not have servers there, yet.
  • rokawar
    rokawar ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Maybe i'm wrong, but according to my little knowledge on that :

app-us.exitgamescloud.com (50.22.204.243)

app-sa.exitgamescloud.com (192.155.106.82)

On the last screenshot, the traffics use the miami router but he's not located at miami.

Also, it's strange to see that i discover the SA server here and that we don't have it on the product description here http://doc.photonengine.com/en/realtime/current/reference/regions.

If you have some hidden servers like this one, i would be happy to know these servers, they can help my players to have a better ping.

Also, i suggest one on east coast, one mid-west- and one west coast for the usa to be more popular.
  • rokawar
    Options
    Also, you need to check your europe server, sound like you have an overhead on it.

When we connect to the lobby, we have a normal ping around 50 and after 2/3 seconds we have between 100/200.

Game server seem to be ok, but we can see sometime a network throttling with some teleportation.
  • Markus
    Options
    Will check back on the location. What service did you use to get the location information?

Region "sa" is quite new, that is why it is not on the doc, yet.

If you see any ongoing issues with the EU-servers, please contact us at developer@photonengine.com with details, so we can work that out with you.
  • OneManArmy
    Options
    Launch was already delayed few times. So, problem all this time was in extremely expensive traffic?
    Do you wait for extreme price drop on traffic? Is it even possible in short period of time?
  • Markus
    Options
    The most likely solution will be, that we will have to charge higher prices for specific regions. However, this is not decided, yet.
  • rokawar
    Options
    Hello,

Thank you for your change on the app-sa.exitgamescloud.com, my brazilian players are so happy now with a ping around 50.

Have a good day.