Offline Mode does not cleanup room

Options
When I do PhotonNetwork.Disconnect(), when in offline mode, the object created in the room, does not get cleanup.

I traced the problem to:

case StatusCode.Disconnect: in NetworkingPeer, LeftRoomCleanup is called only if the "server" is ServerConnection.GameServer, but in offline mode, the "server" is ServerConnection.MasterServer.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Comments

• kamend
    Options
    The only solution for me at the moment is to make LeftRoomCleanup in NetworkingPeer.cs public and call it manually.
  • kamend
    Options
    This problem is still present in the current version?
  • kamend
    Options
    Here is where the problem is:

In NetworkingPeer.cs, "server" has a default value of 0, which is ServerConnection.MasterServer. If we start our game and we go directly to Offline Race, when we disconnect in OnStatusChanged, where the disconnect is handled, "server" is still ServerConnection.MasterServer and LeftRoomCleanup is not called. I guess when we are in offline mode, "server" must be set to ServerConnection.GameServer, in order to LeftRoomCleanup to be called.
  • kamend
    Options
    Any news on this?!?
  • vadim
    Options
    Hi,

The issue is not fixed yet. We are aware of it but it's not at high priority currently for us.
    Did you try the solution you proposed? If it works, you can apply patch with fix every time you update PUN till we put the fix in the package. I know that is not convenient but better than nothing.
  • kamend
    Options
    wow.. what an answer, is Unity Photon Networking any priority for you guys? We are at releasing stage, planning to buy a plan, should we consider any other options?
  • vadim
    Options
    I meant priority of "Offline Mode does not cleanup room" issue you reported.
    PUN is highest priority for us.
    Is this issue blocking for your release plans?
    How about option to make fix in your PUN copy since you already found out the reason and have a solution?
  • kamend
    Options
    Well, I am already using the fix, but the bug is pretty nasty in my opinion and should be fixed in the next release.