uriformatexception in webgl when running self hosted

Options
I am trying to run my server self hosted. I have built a simple game in unity with PUN but when I try to publish it to webgl I get a uriformatexception. When I publish to windows it works fine just when I publish it to webgl. I can also publish to webgl and get it to work if I am set up to connect to the cloud. I only get the issue when I am working with my self hosted server.

Best Answer

Answers

• I have kind of figured it out. SO I am getting the uriexception because the server address in my photon config file does not start with a letter so I cannot connect. I am trying to figure out a way to get a letter in front of that server address
  • @Tobias
    Thankyou for answering my question. I guess i will build my game in v3 and run with the cloud and once v4 comes out do a public release
  • Tobias
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up and using this workaround.
    Our server devs put a lot of effort into including the cloud feature in the OnPremise variant. The switch will be quite seamless for you.
  • PhilippL
    Options
    Is there an approximate release date for Photon Server v4? My company is very interested in the selfhosted server solution for Unity WebGL applications. Unfortunately there was no reply to my mail :-(