UDP Peers Growing?

Options
[Deleted User]
edited August 2011 in DotNet
This isn't the same as the TCP peers growing, but it might be similar:
http://forum.exitgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=472&p=2183

Today the UDP peers started growing, the strange part is that I haven't changed anything on the server or client for over a week. The only variable that I can think of would be the recent release of Unity 3.4. So the people playing the game are using the 3.4 webplayer now since it auto-updates itself.

Right now it says there are 450 UDP peers connected, but I can visually see there are only about 100 of them in the game. It seems to be growing by about 50 every half hour.

I'm still a couple days from releasing the next client build (which will be compiled with Unity 3.4), maybe that will fix the problem.

Anyone else seeing anything like this?

Comments

• Boris
    Options
    Interesting, haven't heard anything about it. We will investigate...
  • Tobias
    Options
    I don't see how the Unity update could affect the server. The messages going back and forth should not change. I'll have to sniff, to see if something new happens.
    Again: Which server version are you running?
  • Server: 2.6.0
    Client: Photon-Unity3D_v6-4-1

The UDP peer count is at 4.4K right now, TCP peers are at 23. There doesn't seem to be any performance impact other than slightly higher RAM usage (about 60MB).
  • Tobias
    Options
    Ok, at least it's not a breaking issue at the moment.

I asked my server colleagues to find out if our current v2.6.11 release has any updates that would already fix your issue.
    I forgot to ask: can you please send me the logs of your server? Maybe we find some reason for this in them.
  • We restarted the photon server again, it seems the 2nd restart has fixed this issue. The UDP peers are stable now.

I will still send through the logs.
  • Tobias
    Options
    Got em. We will take a look at them asap.