Is PUN+(v1.57) no longer working on Android device?

Options
With an older version of Pun+ (v1.50), used with Unity 4.5.5 and Unity 4.6.6.f2, Pun+ worked great on Android device as well.

After downloading the latest version of Pun+ (v1.57),
its demos work on pc+webplayer, but not on Android. I've tried this on Unity 4.6.6.f2,
Unity 5.1.1.f1 (32bit) and Unity 5.1.1.f1 (64bit).

In all of these cases, the default demo on the android device returns "Connection failed".

For instance DemoWorker, when started from an android device (Samsung T210),
reports:
Connecting to: ns.exitgames.com:5058
Connection failed. Check setup and use Setup Wizard to fix configuration.
Server: ns.exitgames.com:5058
AppId: blabla

In the player settings for android build, I've just filled in the app name and bundle id,
and left the other fields as default.

The settings I used in the setup wizard (photon cloud, region eu, appid) are the same as
those used with the older version of Pun+ (v1.50).

Any ideas, anyone?

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    Please read this:
    viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6252&p=23872#p23872

Which Android version is on the device?
  • TheMave
    Options
    Thanks, I'll try with Pun free then.

The android version of the test-device is: 4.4.2
  • TheMave
    Options
    .. it appears to work fine with Pun Free indeed.
  • Tobias
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback and sorry again for the trouble.

I updated PUN+ to v1.58 and the new package for Unity 5 does not need (or contain) the native libs anymore for sockets.
    Hopefully, this improves portability with Unity. It hopefully supports ART runtime and x86, too, as it's a "simple" C# export now.

Edit: To be clear about this, if you download the package with Unity 4, you still get the native libs for Android and iOS export. The Asset Store simply has a second package for Unity 5.x.
  • TheMave
    Options
    Okay, thanks for clarifying.
  • Tobias
    Options
    Another point: You might have to set the Android player's "Internet Connection" to "Required".
    With the native socket library of PUN+, "Auto" does not work and the client is not allowed to connect.
    This is a requirement in Unity 4.x and PUN+ for Android.