Error with Xcode when trying to export to device (PUN+)

Options
Hello there,
So I have Unity3d 5.1 Pro + iOS + PUN+ and when I try to export my project to my mobile I get an error in Xcode and basically the project cannot be compiled!
This project used to work perfectly before updating both Unity3d 5.1 and PUN+... it still works in Unity3d and when exporting to Standalone.
I have been struggling on this for quite some time... please help!
You can see the error below!

P.S. Tried to import PUN Free and it actually worked.. so I guess the lib paths in PUN+ are kinda messed up - please fix it ! Thanks! :)

Comments

• vadim
    Options
    HI,

Please check that Assets\Plugins\iOS\libPhotonSocketPlugin.a exists in your pun+ project.
    If not, try to reimport plugin.
  • Tobias
    Options
    We tried to fix the paths and the export meta info (per dll and lib) for Unity 5 but it seems this still doesn't always work. I am very sorry about that.
    Actually, you don't have any negative impact from using PUN Free in Unity 5 and we plan to skip the native libs in those packages in the next update or so.
    As said, it would be interesting to know if the .a file exists and which export setting it has (click on it and check inspector).
  • Yeah it was there... I did reimport PUN+ multiple times... nothing actually worked.. It is fine now with PUN.. I will wait for the next update and then will import PUN+ again thanks :)
  • Tobias
    Options
    Good to read it worked well with PUN Free.
    Actually, I now updated the PUN Plus package for Unity 5 to skip the native sockets library. It's not needed anymore and the pre-compiled library caused issues on new platforms or architectures every time.

If some Unity version doesn't export fine now, it will be an issue with the IL2CPP export and we (Exit Games but also anyone else interested) should report a bug if it's not working.