Connecting In Standalone, But Not On Android?

Options
Toodles o/

I've got a little problem: None of the clients can connect to my game in the android build, but it works perfectly in the standalone/editor version. [:P]

I have two scenes: One for the startup, one for the actual game. When the start button in clicked, the game scene loads, and (note: this is after the scene loads [:P]) the client will either create a new room or connect to the existing one. After it's connected, a world is generated. Simple, right? [:P] And it works perfectly in the editor/standalone versions [:P] It's only when I try it on the android build that things start messing up [:P]

Basically, the world never gets generated [:P] It worked fine before I implemented PUN, and the OnJoinedRoom() is the function that fires off the generator [:P] So the problem is, it's not connecting to the cloud [:P] All my firewalls are down, and permissions are set up properly [:P] Is there anything different you have to do with an android build?

Much obliged [;)]

B_F

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    You don't have to do anything special for a Android build. Especially not when you use the Cloud (which has a public DNS name and is easy to reach).
    Do you have anything in your log on android? Filter "Unity" and check what's going on.
  • Same here after upgrading from pun 1.52 to 1.54.

edit: armv7 builds runs and crashes after second player is connected. fat build (x86 + armv7) can't connect to the cloud.

edit 2: pun free (not plus) works fine with android fat build.
  • Tobias
    Options
    By now, PUN+ for Unity 5 is the same as PUN Free. We skip the native libraries (in Unity 5!), because they are no longer needed and only cause issues.
    Let us know if PUN v1.58 is causing issues.