Help with setting up chat in Unity

Options
I downloaded photon chat and it came with a bunch of demos, of which only one says photon chat. It also came with photon turnbased, particle unity, etc. I assume I don't need these. Anyway, I want to try to experiment with chat but I have no idea where to get started.

1) I code in unityscript. Do I need to have import "whatever" at the top of my code?

2) Do I still need to download the PUN plug in?

3) Is there a Photon Chat plug in that I also need, because if there is I cant find it. Do I need to drag something from the download into my Unity project?

4) In the read me file it says: "As of v3.2.1.6 all Unity projects must use ExitGames.Client.Photon.Hashtable", but in the hammerlabs tutorial he has ExitGames.Client.Photon.Chat. The vikings demo doesn't either, but I believe that's because it is an older example. So which one is it?

5) In the same read me file there is this line: Copy the Photon .dll into the "Assets\Plugins" folder of your project. Avoid dll duplicates!. I can't find that file anywhere.

6) Last, but certainly not least, can I even use photon chat on the wii U. It's one of my intended platforms for my current project and I see no reason to bother with it if I can't implement it into every version of my project.

Sorry for asking so many questions, many of which are probably dumb, but I'm having trouble with this. I' tarting to get the hang of PUN but photon chat is nowhere near as approachable. I literally have no idea where to even begin.

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    You can either download PUN or the Photon SDK for Unity. Both have chat and either should work for you.
    You can delete / skip-import for anything you don't need. Chat minimum files in PUN should be in the Assets\Plugins which is also best for UnityScript.

4) using Hashtable = ExitGames.Client.Photon.Hashtable;
    If you use Hashtable (for events, etc), you need to define which Hashtable implementation you want to use. Maybe scripts don't use a Hashtable at all, so they don't have that.
    Anything based on Photon needs this define, if it uses Hashtable in the script. No matter if Chat, LoadBalancing or PUN.

5) The Photon *.dll. Not "Photon .dll". Any assembly that is related to Photon in this case.

6) It should work, yes. We support that platform but depend on Unity doing the cross-compile. Let us know if something is broken and we will find a solution.