Maximum size of room properties data

Options
Hi there,

I wanted to ask, does anybody know what's the limit to how much data you can store in room properties? I'm currently running a random level generation system that serializes the vital level data as a string and stores it in the room properties (about 10 kB). I'd like to make this serialization human readable, but that would probably increase the size to around 100 kB. In addition, I'd also like to store the serialized pathfinding data in room properties so the client doesn't have to scan the navmesh (about 50 kB).

I apologize if this has already been answered, but I was unable to find information about it anywhere.

Thanks!

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    In best case, your level generation is deterministic and you need only to save a relatively short seed to initialize it and get the same level on each client. That is a bit of work but you don't have to worry about size of data.
    In doubt, test your use case with dummy data and check if things will work as you need them. We don't have fixed limits and we can't estimate what's acceptable for you or not. Please try it.
  • dgerb
    Options
    Thank you very much. I'll give it a try.